They inspire us … They challenge us … They show us new discoveries … They awe us with displays of skill and courage.
Here is your chance to help select the Adventurer of the Year for National Geographic.
Allow us to introduce the outstanding individuals who made our year in adventure with their remarkable achievements in exploration, adventure sports, conservation, and humanitarianism. Each embodies a unique spirit of adventure. It’s up to you to decide who will be the People’s Choice Adventurer of the Year.
- Amy and Dave Freeman, adventure educators
- Raphael Slawinski and Ian Welsted, alpinists
- Greg Long, big-wave surfer
- Adam Ondra, climber
- Stacy Bare and Nick Watson, community builders
- Sarah Marquis, explorer
- Diana Nyad, long-distance swimmer
- JP Auclair, skier
- Kilian Jornet, sky runner
- Kevin Pearce, snowboarder
Vote here each day for your selection until January 31, 2014.
(In 2013, Felix Baumgartner won after his historic jump from 127,852 feet above the Earth.)